Volunteering and Volunteers are the backbone of Dove Cottage Day Hospice. Their work makes a huge contribution to the range of services we can offer patients and their families. Volunteers are fully supported and given a comprehensive induction, together with an ongoing training schedule.
Without the help of so many kind people offering to help us, Dove Cottage Day Hospice would not be the place it is today.
Volunteer Roles include:
- Assisting our nursing team in the hospice
- Driving patients to and from the hospice
- Helping at a fundraising event
- Assisting with craft activities and outings
- Becoming a befriender
- Helping in the kitchen
- Supporting our admin & fundraising team
- Working in our tearoom or charity shop
For further information or help and advice on volunteering, please call 01949 860303 or email
“I have been volunteering at Dove Cottage regularly and it has been such a privilege. I would highly recommend volunteering to anyone!”